Thursday, January 10, 2008

How Important is a Box?

I always thought I'd see our referral date in it. I thought I'd print it out, save it for our daughter, maybe even put it in a scrapbook someday.

It's the infamous box.

For those who're not in the know about these things, the box was a source of information on the CCAA website that let us know each month what the referral cutoff date was, and what month the review room was on. Adoptive parents checked this box daily (and sometimes more often that that!), hoping for news that more LIDs had been referred, or that their file was finally in the clear.

Now the box looks like this:

China has again stepped in to stem the flow of public information to adoptive families. I am very thankful that my agency is generally forthcoming with accurate information about the state of adoption in China. That said, I can't help but be saddened that China feels the need to restrict yet another one of our lifelines to what the future might bring - - and when.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

This felt like yet another blow but I reminded myself that I remember a rumor this was going to happen last year. I guess on the heals of the small batch, this was just very disappointing. I too am grateful for our agencies website and their willingness to share information with us. Go to my blog, left you something :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Daniella said...

I meant to say my new blog which is
www.uskeepingitsimple.blogspot.com

I linked it on my old blog as well

8:56 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I'm bummed about the box, but we will have other things to put in our scrapbooks: referral photos, emails, our blog posts, etc. I'm just grateful we have an agency that is open with the info. And I'm sure the Rumor Queen will help keep the info flowing. Hang in there.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home