Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Ramblings

Woke up this morning and my thoughts are in an agitated jumble....

  1. After a nice lunch this weekend with friends Donna and Joe, and Nancy, Brian and their daughter Lily, we all went to a seminar on how to incorporate Chinese culture into our children's lives. It was an interesting discussion about the Chinese calendar, traditions, language, and education. It was also a lot of fun to see all of the beautiful Chinese children in tow - they are a tangible reminder of what we're waiting for. That said, I never feel so far away from becoming a parent as when I'm in a room full of families with kids.


  2. Our dossier is in the review room. We know this because other folks with our agency who share our LID date have been asked for additional information. Unfortunately, they were questioned about items falling under the new rules, which we were led to believe wouldn't happen for dossiers logged in prior to May 1, 2007. Needless to say, we'll be very relieved when we make it past review, and are sending our positive energy to those folks who are scrambling to supply even more documentation that they are fit to parents.


  3. We heard from our "partner in waiting" last week. Our agency assigns each family a staff member who checks in every so often to see how we're doing. Ours was candid enough to say that although the current wait for those just matched was 24 months - the wait would continue to grow and that she didn't know to how long. I was grateful for her honesty. I think if one more agency says that the wait is two years, I'm going to scream. That's like standing in front of a factory that has just burned down, then answering "We made $1 billion in profit last year" when asked for sales projections.


  4. We're about to have to renew our paperwork. I've been putting it off. The mere thought of it makes me annoyed. Not only did we have to prove that we're suitable parent material once, but now we have to do it again. And all signs point to the fact that we'll have to do it a third time before all is said and done. It makes me crazy to know that all this time we're waiting, children who've been left behind are waiting, too.

Sometimes it just helps to write it all down. Sometimes I wish my heart wasn't in China, so we could move on to another program. Application forms have been on my desk for months. I just can't bring myself to sign them...

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your weekend sounds fun and interesting. Did CCAI tell you to start the re-do? We are going to do it but are just waiting on when to start.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I hear ya! Believe me, going to another country doesn't always work either. It looks like our Vietnam adoption may not happen, or at least may not happen before our China one. Hopefully we're less than a year away from seeing our daughter.

5:57 PM  
Blogger M&M's and Oolong Tea said...

Hearts & Flowers..
And All nice things for you.

And I even updated my Blog just for you. Lol

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mom2Mason said...

That sounds like a great time at the seminar. I wish we had those things closer to us. I am hoping now that CCAI has a new Dossier Department in FL there may be some programs for us too like in CO.
We too have been doing the mind boggling reasoning of "do we switch programs" but each time it results in sticking the long wait we are already on.
We are not renewing our paperwork at this time. We are waiting for the inevitable third time around. Our SW sad her clients were 50/50 with renewals so here we are.
Thanks for sharing! Can you believe we are smack in the middle of the holidays again?

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home