Saturday, October 27, 2007

One Year

It seems like it should feel like a monumental occasion. Maybe it is, and it just doesn't feel that way.

Today is the one year anniversary of our Log In Date. 365 days ago China acknowledged that we were on the list to become parents. How many days until that happens still remains anyone's guess.

So, instead of focusing on the long wait ahead, today I'm choosing to focus on what I've gained by waiting. Patience. A deepened sense of commitment. Perhaps most importantly, an unexpected gift - the dear friends I've made while waiting this wait. And for that, the 365 days have been worth it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy One Year! May the the wait be shorter than we expect.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Daniella said...

Happy 1 year! Thanks for pointing out something positive. I needed it!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Hard to "celebrate" this day, I know. We have our two-year coming up in February. You're smart to focus on the positive. I am grateful my husband and I have strengthened our relationship through all this. I hope it makes us better parents.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on this milestone..I agree with rebecca

12:28 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy 1 Year...
Things will speed up... You will have your little girl soon..
Kim

7:18 AM  
Blogger Kelly and Matt said...

Congrats on your 1 year! As a friend told me a couple of months ago "you closer right now than you've ever been." Hang on to that... Hope you got to celebrate this milestone at least in some small way.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Regardless of how long it takes everyday we are a day closer to our children! Celebrate in the positives!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home