Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Finally, A New Year


I, for one, am extremely glad it's a new year. 2007 felt like a roller coaster ride, in more ways than one.

I'm trying to start 2008 with a positive attitude (despite finding out today that the CCAA limped along this month, issuing a measly few days worth of referrals). I'm trying to remind myself that since we're going to be waiting a whole hell of a long time, I'd better start living life the best I know how in the meantime. Here's to cranking up the optimism and moving forward one day at a time....

On that note, our holiday trip to Texas was nice, although we were sick almost the entire time. I always love spending a little time with family - we don't get to see ours as often as we would like. My nephew, who's about to turn 4, is on a Spiderman kick. We spent a LOT of time pretending we had webs coming out of our hands. I can't wait until he's got a little cousin to play with (which will hopefully happen before he decides that playing with girls is "icky").
Next on our our plate is a trip to Portland, OR later this month to see if we can hack the rainy season there. We're both anxious for a move, so we're hoping we'll find home in the Pacific Northwest. It's a bit different from the everlasting sunshine of AZ, though, so we're tiptoeing into things at the moment. Not sure where we'll ultimately end up, but wanting to live close to water really narrows things down. I prefer the ocean, but am willing to consider lakefront, as well, if anyone has any affordable-ish suggestions.
Change is in the air, in this new year - I am hopeful that good things are headed our (and your) way!

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

Happy New Year Heather!

Here's to good things in 2008 :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly and Matt said...

Happy New Year! We are all due for some good things this year. wishing you guys the best as you decide on your move.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Happy New Year!! Here's to hoping that the CCAA push through LOTS of referrrals in the next few months!
Definitely exciting planning a move- good luck!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Pamela Askew said...

Happy New Year, Heather! It's been FOREVER since I've visited your blog ~ life has been busy and I haven't done a whole lot for a while with our CCAI OCT group and have lost contact... I just re-acquainted myself with your blog by visiting my friend Jessica's blog... ANYWAYS, glad to hear you might be going to Portland! Let me know when you'll be there. There is always a chance we'll be hanging out there since Aaron's parents live there.

Pam Askew

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home