Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The True Meaning of Christmas

The presents have been bought, wrapped, and shipped off to their final destinations. The bags are starting to be packed to accompany us to the Lone Star state, where we'll spend the holidays with our families, with friends, and with the memories of those we've lost.

I read the most moving blog post I've seen in a long time today. I sat and read and cried for longer than I care to admit. This post is a beautiful tribute about the power of family - a love letter between father and daughter - a reminder to us all to treasure the here and now. I saw a little bit of my own father in her post - both of the man he was, and the grandfather he could have been to our little girl. What a touching and timely reminder to celebrate moments shared, rather than mourn things missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

Thanks Heather - I'm glad the post made you remember your Dad - even though we do not have our Dads here with us, what they left behind has made us who we are and we will pass that on to our children. Merry, Merry to you and Damon!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home