Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Food for Thought

I received the story below from one of my weaver friends. Never are these wise words more true in my life than now....

The Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all..

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly and Matt said...

I've seen this before and your right it is so true. And even more so as we are on tbis roller coaster called adoption.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home