Monday, September 18, 2006

I-171 H Arrival!!

After much waiting, we finally received our I-171H form this past Friday.

D. brought in the mail yesterday all nonchalant like...stood in the kitchen like nothing important happened while he opened junk mail, tossed envelopes, sorted bills, then turned to me and said, "So, do you think that they'd send such a big envelope to tell us our fingerprints didn't pass"? with a giant grin on his face......I don't know how he kept a straight face all that time. I would have been shouting from the rooftops (which I did as soon as he filled me in)! In a serendipitous twist of fate, after we went out to dinner on Friday my car wouldn't start and had to be towed to a repair shop. Lucky us, it broke down within walking distance of a bar. Since we had to take a cab home anyway, we decided to make the most of the opportunity - after all, a celebration was definitely in order!!

Today was spent in a mad rush getting documents notarized, copied and ready for a trip downtown for certification tomorrow. It feels so good to know that after all these months, we are truly almost done paperchasing!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yea for you!!!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - you're almost done!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Lucy Blue said...

Awesome! You are just about done. Fine tooth comb it all and get it in! Your LID is just around the corner.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ava Baby said...

That's great news and a huge milestone. You're so close to being DTC.
Michele

7:40 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Heather,

This is SO cool!! I'm so glad you finally got that darn I-171H...it seemed like forever to me, so I can only imagine what you were going through waiting for it!

You are in the home stretch now...soon you will be truly a "waiting" parent. ;)

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home