Monday, March 05, 2007

New Month, Same Story

I feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. We're still hanging out in our temporary housing, wondering if we'll ever get to move back home. Although the contractors started working, it's been slow going, and most of what they've completed has been done incorrectly. The wrong faucets were installed, the holes for lighting were cut in the wrong place, and painting errors were made. Can you tell I'm a bit frustrated? Although we were hoping to get back into our house by the end of March, at this point it's looking like we'll be well into April by the time it's all finished.

In other news - I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has sent quilt squares our direction. I'm woefully behind on updating my 100GWQ blog, since I was planning on taking pictures of each squish with the new digital camera I was in the process of buying when the fire happened. Unfortunately, it hasn't been bought yet and my camera phone just doesn't do the beautiful fabrics and wishes we've received justice.

Lastly, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Disney Summit trip with other waiting adoptive mommas (and friends). I'm really looking forward to getting to meet everyone who's going to attend. I'm also excited about going to Disneyland - I've been to Disneyworld in Florida, but this will be my first jaunt through the California version of the Magic Kingdom. I'm not a big roller coaster rider, but just being among the Disney characters and lights and music is enough to make me feel like a kid again.

Oh, and one more thing. Our friend Michele is in China right now, about to meet her new daughter. She's journaling her experiences in China at My Baby Ava. Congratulations, Michele - The moment you've waited for is now only a few moments away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home